Senior IT Project Manager & Business Analyst, Strategic Initiatives
- Category: I.T.
- Country: United States
- Location: San Diego - Hybrid
We are seeking a highly experienced and skilled individual to serve as a "Trusted Advisor" and primary point of contact for Project Management needs related to strategic projects and programs in the Americas. In this role, you will act as a Business Analyst to gather requirements and as a Project Manager to plan and monitor activities, manage project budgets, and collaborate with stakeholders on project updates. You will ensure that strategic initiative project work is delivered with quality and to expectations. Additionally, you will partner closely with the Manager of Project & Portfolio Management to establish project management standards, tools, and methodologies for the business, and facilitate and collaborate with business stakeholders on process improvements, strategic initiative prioritization, and streamlining report outs and reporting.
If you are a collaborative and innovative leader who can align key business stakeholders and objectives, please consider joining our tribe!
This role offers the flexibility of working in the office or a hybrid schedule.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Responsible for leading the successful coordination and completion of the Americas trade bloc strategic initiatives, and other projects as assigned. Manages projects horizontally and ensures that cross-project work remains feasible from a business standpoint.
- Analyzes and helps to facilitate the strategic selection, prioritization, and sequencing of projects using Cost Benefit Analysis, Return on Investment and other agreed upon metrics.
- Effectively partners with stakeholders or sponsors to define project scope identifying and determining short- and long-term project outcomes, critical success pathways, and appropriate parameters including projected budget and initial risk assessment.
- Interprets customer business needs and translates them into requirements or stories to be managed. Appropriately chooses project management methodology to match the need of project but within context of approved standards.
- Analyzing financial data, including project budgets, risks, resource allocations, and tracking towards leading and lagging project measurements and targets for a portfolio of projects and associated scoreboards
- Within the context of project execution, plays the Scrum Master or Project Manager role by facilitating all appropriate meetings including those geared toward work estimation, work assignment, opportunities for improvement and ultimately ensuring team success in its efforts to deliver to desired outcomes.
- Drive for standardization of project request and prioritization through Project Management Office activities.
- Defines and tracks appropriate metrics to communicate and measure project or work-related performance for project team, stakeholders, and sponsors.
- Takes initiative to develop process improvements and facilitates appropriate discussions to ensure successful buy-in and adoption.
- Ensures all solutions support compliance and security requirements as they are being evaluated, designed, developed, and deployed.
- Facilitates seeking solutions that improve EBITDA by helping to reduce operating expenses, improving revenue, or reducing risk through appropriate automation and process improvement.
What You’ll Bring To The Role
- 5+ years Scrum Master/Project Manager experience
- 5+ years as a Business Analyst
- 5+ of professional end user support of corporate or enterprise level systems
- 3+ years as a Business Partner
- Preferred certifications: Scrum Master, PMP, Business Analyst (IIBA)
- Bachelor's degree preferred
$96000 – $120000 / year includes base salary plus 10% - 15% profit-sharing contribution to your retirement account. Salary is determined by multiple factors including but not limited to relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and alignment with market data
- Medical insurance, 80-95% company-paid premium
- Dental and vision insurance
- 401K match
- Annual cash incentive rewards
- Tuition reimbursement
- Short-day Fridays
- Paid holidays, including winter shut down
At WD-40 Company, we believe that purpose-driven, passionate people guided by our values create amazing outcomes. Our "why" is refreshingly simple - we exist to create positive lasting memories in everything we do.
Why You Should Apply
- Learning-based culture that supports the growth and development of all tribe members
- Strong values aligned culture whose #1 strategic driver is to build a business for the future that we will be proud to hand down to the next generation
- Over 93.3% employee engagement as of January 2022 global employee survey
- A culture where 91% of the tribe report experience a sense of belonging
- Voted Most Democratic Workplace and certified WorldBlu Freedom Centered Workplace
Please, only consider employment with WD-40 Company if you feel as strongly about our values as we do: We live, breathe, and play by our values every day.
Thank you for considering WD-40 Company in your career search! #WD40TribalLife #PositiveLastingMemories