Program Manager, Supply Chain
- Category: Supply Chain
- Country: United States
- Location: Hybrid or Remote
WD-40 Company seeks a highly motivated and experienced Supply Chain Program Manager to join our team. You will manage the Americas supply chain programs in this role to align with the WD-40 Company Strategic Plan. As a Supply Chain Program Manager, you will lead the prioritization and execution of all Supply Chain initiatives and be accountable for the overall outcome of the Supply Chain programs to commercialization.
The ideal candidate should possess excellent leadership, communication, and organizational skills to effectively manage and coordinate multiple projects. They should have a comprehensive understanding of supply chain operations and be able to develop and implement strategies to optimize supply chain efficiency. Additionally, they should be proficient in using project management tools, software, and methodologies to track and report progress against established goals and objectives.
If you’re a strategic, analytical-minded individual looking to work for a dynamic company, please consider joining our tribe.
This role offers the flexibility of working fully remote or a hybrid schedule.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Lead the development and implementation of Supply Chain programs that support the WD-40 Company Strategic Plan.
- Manage the strategic selection, prioritization, and sequencing of projects.
- Plan and define project scope with input from Supply Chain Director, including identifying and determining project outcomes, critical success pathways, and appropriate parameters, including projected budget and initial risk assessment. Understands each project’s priorities and integrates projects accordingly. Frequently reports findings to the Innovation team and key stakeholders.
- Lead all approved Marketing initiatives from concept to purchase order placement with contract packagers to deliver new SKU initiatives. Manage total supply chain integration efforts (sourcing, operations, and materials).
- Provide project management support of new marketing initiatives (promotional materials) in conjunction with R&D, America’s Innovation Development Group, Marketing, Operations, Sales, and Finance. Support the process and information flow from concept to commercialization. Lead project coordination, including materials sourcing and test production runs within material and budgetary requirements.
- Establish and define project teams, set project tasks and goals for assigned operational projects to include materials and production conversions, manufacturing relocations, and other operational objectives
- Ensure that risks, issues, dependencies, and constraints are managed appropriately at program and project levels. Where risks or issues threaten delivery of the program, develop, and gain alignment on recovery plans.
- Lead the detailed design and delivery of substantial projects within a transformational change management program, ensuring integration with other functions; build management commitment and use structured change management methodologies to drive acceptance of change.
- Attend and lead the coordination of Test Production Run scheduling with production facilities to maximize efficiencies while minimizing or eliminating disruption to current production. Continually find ways to control the costs of trial production runs. Report results, actionable items, and recommendations to internal teams. Lead the development and reporting of metrics for measuring, learning, and reacting (MLR) and analyzing projects for future improvement.
- Effectively and efficiently manages key projects from initiation to closure within budget, project scope, and schedule to meet America’s innovation product deliverables. Collaborate with internal teams and external partners (marketing, sales, R&D, QA, supply chain) across various innovation initiatives.
- Review progress towards the goals, tracking the KPIs and identifying any issues or risks that may impact the program's success. Document any changes in project status, timelines, budget, or resources required to achieve program objectives.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure they are aligned with the program's goals and objectives. Encourage collaboration and effective communication among project teams, facilitating regular meetings to discuss progress, identify issues, and develop solutions.
- Acts as a liaison between stakeholders and team members. Leads, coaches, and motivate team members on a proactive basis. Escalates issues as needed to senior leadership for resolution.
What You’ll Bring To The Role
- At least 7 years of experience as a Project Manager with a focus on New Product Development.
- Experience in leading concurrent projects with varying complexities and managing a program of interrelated projects.
- Supply chain experience including sourcing, operations, and manufacturing of aerosol products and liquid filling, material management and planning, packaging for consumer products, resource planning, full cycle project management against pre-defined deliverables, budget, manufacturing capabilities, fee negotiation, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or a relevant field. An MBA is preferred.
- Project Manager Certification or PMP (Project Management Professional) certification is highly desirable.
- Ability to travel 30-40% domestic and internationally
$115000 – $145000 / year includes base salary plus 10% - 15% profit-sharing contribution to your retirement account. Salary is determined by multiple factors including but not limited to relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and alignment with market data
- Medical insurance, 80-95% company-paid premium
- Dental and vision insurance
- 401K match
- Annual cash incentive rewards
- Tuition reimbursement
- Short-day Fridays
- Paid holidays, including winter shut down
At WD-40 Company, we believe that purpose-driven, passionate people guided by our values create amazing outcomes. Our "why" is refreshingly simple - we exist to create positive lasting memories in everything we do.
Why You Should Apply
- Learning-based culture that supports the growth and development of all tribe members
- Strong values aligned culture whose #1 strategic driver is to build a business for the future that we will be proud to hand down to the next generation
- Over 93.3% employee engagement as of January 2022 global employee survey
- A culture where 93% of the tribe report experience a sense of belonging
- Voted Most Democratic Workplace and certified WorldBlu Freedom Centered Workplace
Please, only consider employment with WD-40 Company if you feel as strongly about our values as we do: We live, breathe, and play by our values every day.
Thank you for considering WD-40 Company in your career search! #WD40TribalLife #PositiveLastingMemories