Finance Manager, U.S.
- Category: Finance
- Country: United States
- Location: San Diego - Hybrid
In this highly visible and influential role, you will be the key Finance Diplomat for commercial decision support and planning to drive the best results for the >$200M US operation, balancing both short-term and long-term financial targets. You will bring an independent, balanced and unbiased perspective to the US team, driving evidence-based decisions and explanations while incorporating different points of views, and anecdotal and contextual information from our business partners. You will create and set the standard in reporting and analytics of key areas and serve as the US Finance spokesperson in various business review meetings. You will also be responsible for planning, forecasting and reporting the entire P&L and helping to guide us to the best profit result.The focus of your analytics and decision support will be on the Sales, Trade and Marketing areas of the business.
We are going through a digital transformation, bringing up Salesforce, Flintfox, Jet Reports and other tools. In this role, you can help determine how to best leverage these tools to help us answer the questions above, as well as streamline and improve forecasting activities. This is an exciting role for the right candidate!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Commercial decision support and ad-hoc projects for the U.S. business to maximize EBITDA. This may include pricing, trade funds, new distribution opportunities, customer/SKU profitability, key investments, new product innovation, etc. Independently construct complex, well designed financial models to analyze the impact of current and proposed company initiatives. Analyze, assess and report the overall impact of initiatives and how well they meet organizational and functional unit goals and strategies.
- Monthly internal reporting and quarter end reporting packages for the U.S. business. Develop and maintain routine and ad hoc reports and scorecards, and provide insightful analyses and commentary to support visibility and understanding of results. Prepare materials for business reviews, presentations to senior leadership, and for external reporting.
- Manage the quarterly forecasting and annual plan process for the U.S. including alignment of targets, processes and timelines. Develop and maintain forecast and budget templates. Review and analyze inputs, assumptions and outputs for reasonableness. Responsible for the upload and validation of respective GL level detail into the Company's system. Seek process efficiencies, and train and support stakeholders with the rollout of a new planning tool.
- Partner with Sales teams to review customer financial performance and identify areas of risks/opportunities, product assortment profitability and new investment initiatives.
- Drive continuous process improvements and best practices across the finance team and assigned region to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of reporting, analytics and planning processes. Maximize productivity by automating reports and streamlining processes, utilizing financial systems and processes as appropriate.
- Provide leadership to team members, and facilitate individual and group success. Set an ethical example for employees throughout the company. Promote the company's established best practices consistently.
What You’ll Bring To The Role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field.
- Ongoing professional education in finance and analytical methods and tools. Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years of combined experience in financial analysis and/or commercial operations such as FP&A, Sales, Marketing or Supply Chain.
- 5+ years of experience in a public company environment is preferred.
- Experience in CPG industry or the trade channels we sell into such as Retail, Industrial, Auto, Hardware, etc.
- Experience in identifying and analyzing business trends. Experience as an internal consultant and presenting to senior leadership. Experience successfully leading cross-functional projects at varying levels of impact.
- You enjoy learning new systems and building reports and dashboards from scratch. Jet Reports, Power BI and D365 experience a huge plus!
- You are a critical thinker. You have a natural curiosity and keen eye, with the ability to spot areas where more digging may be needed to understand results or further vet assumptions. You are skillful in asking questions and lovingly challenging your partners so that together you reach the best path forward.
- You truly enjoy collaborating with non-Finance partners and building work relationships in a hybrid environment.
$94600 – $153700 / year includes base salary plus 10% - 15% profit-sharing contribution to your retirement account. Salary is determined by multiple factors including but not limited to relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and alignment with market data
- Medical insurance, 80-95% company-paid premium
- Dental and vision insurance
- 401K match
- Annual cash incentive rewards
- Tuition reimbursement
- Short-day Fridays
- Paid holidays, including winter shut down
At WD-40 Company, we believe that purpose-driven, passionate people guided by our values create amazing outcomes. Our "why" is refreshingly simple - we exist to create positive lasting memories in everything we do.
Why You Should Apply
- Learning-based culture that supports the growth and development of all tribe members
- Strong values aligned culture whose #1 strategic driver is to build a business for the future that we will be proud to hand down to the next generation
- Over 93.3% employee engagement as of January 2022 global employee survey
- A culture where 93% of the tribe report experience a sense of belonging
- Voted Most Democratic Workplace and certified WorldBlu Freedom Centered Workplace
Please, only consider employment with WD-40 Company if you feel as strongly about our values as we do: We live, breathe, and play by our values every day.
Thank you for considering WD-40 Company in your career search! #WD40TribalLife #PositiveLastingMemories