Legal Administrator Temp (Corporate)
- Category: Legal
- Country: United States
- Location: San Diego - Hybrid
Our corporate legal team is looking for a process and systems-minded thinker to help administer our global contract program. You will also assist the legal team with a variety of legal administration functions with an emphasis on processes and general global legal matters. If you are looking for a truly unique opportunity to drive change, make an impact, continue your learning with the guidance of our GC team, and the opportunity to support our global operations and brands, please consider applying.
This role offers the flexibility of working a hybrid schedule from home and in our San Diego office. This role could convert from temporary to direct hire for the right person.
What You’ll Be Doing
Contract Review and Administration
- Provides legal services support and direction to contract owners and/or
- Contract Advocates to ensure accurate and timely submission of new contract requests.
- Ensures third party due diligence is integrated with contract submission.
- Provides preliminary review of contracts to identify commercial and/or legal issues and communicate them to contract owners and GC and/or AGC.
- Works with GC, AGC and/or Americas Contract Specialist on contract requests and follows-up, as necessary.
- Using DocuSign or e-signature software (Adobe Sign), ensure contract signatures comply with GCAP and contracts are signed and returned in a timely manner.
- Assists with maintenance of contracts including amendments, renewals and/or terminations. For legacy contracts to be amended or renewed, work with GC and AGC to migrate such contracts to WD-40 templates to reduce company risk and to promote consistency.
- Maintains template library of contracts, including alternative clauses or provisions, NDAs, Sales Agreements, Manufacturing Agreements, Vendor Agreements, Consulting Agreements, License Agreements, Master Service Agreements and supporting SOWs/Work Orders.
- In partnership with GC and/or AGC, updates contract templates.
Program Management for Contracts
- Under guidance of AGC, updates the Global Contracts Administration Policy (“GCAP”) and Regional Contracts Administration Programs (“RCAPs”) to ensure alignment with company policies and strategies and changing business and/or legal issues
- Generates and distributes quarterly audit reports to satisfy internal control requirements
- Act as Systems Administrator for Contract Administration Software (Conga)
- Analyzes and suggests ways to simplify and streamline current processes and partners with Conga consultant and/or IT to implement improvements to reduce contract response and execution turnaround time.
Directors and Officers Beneficial Ownership, Section 16 Filings and Insider Trading, and Ad Hoc Trade Requests Management
- Assists AGC to on-board new WD-40 Section 16 filers Drafts SEC beneficial ownership filings (Forms 3, 4 and 5) for routine equity grants and vesting for review by GC and AGC.
- Maintains the official record (Beneficial Ownership spreadsheet, with calculations supplied by accounting) for tracking Directors and Executive Officers equity ownership (used for Legal and Finance purposes).
What You’ll Bring To The Role
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting or related degree, or equivalent years of experience.
- Contract administration program certificate
At WD-40 Company, we believe that purpose-driven, passionate people guided by our values create amazing outcomes. Our "why" is refreshingly simple - we exist to create positive lasting memories in everything we do.
Do You Align with our Values?
Please, only consider employment with WD-40 Company if you feel as strongly about our values as we do: We live, breathe, and play by our values every day.
WD-40 Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.