Senior International Accountant
- Category: Accounting
- Country: United States
- Location: Remote
If you love numbers, process and the opportunity to work with diverse international colleagues to achieve mutual goals, this newly created role offers a great opportunity to immerse yourself into our global operations and create an impact.
The important work this role is accountable for includes leading the preliminary review of accounting activities for all international subsidiaries in the area of general ledger, period-end closings, foreign currency, financial reporting, financial audits and other related functions. The role provides rigorous preliminary review of all international subsidiary offices reporting to ensure compliance to U.S. GAAP standards and provides guidance and direction, as needed. You will also play a key role in ensuring that monthly results for each office are accurate and timely reported. As an experienced accountant, it will come as no surprise that you will need to bring a high degree of attention to detail to be effective in the role.
We expect your innovative mindset will bring tremendous value to evolve our processes to gain efficiencies across all international subsidiary offices. Please only continue reading if you are looking to join a company whose purpose is to create positive lasting memories in everything we do while enjoying one another and our work as much as possible along the way!
This role offers the flexibility of working of remote with occassional visits to San Diego or a hybrid schedule from your home office in San Diego.
What You’ll Be Doing
What You’ll Be Doing
- Responsible for the preliminary review of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements for all of the Company’s international subsidiaries. Included in this are the following:
- Prepares quarterly reporting package templates for international subsidiaries and provides to each office in advance of quarter-end closing dates.
- Coordinates, schedules and participates in all discussions at quarterly review calls with international subsidiaries.
- Reviews quarterly reporting packages and all variance explanations provided by international subsidiaries and makes inquiries as necessary prior to completion. Ensures that all of the appropriate members of the finance department at the corporate office have reviewed the quarterly reporting packages and that their questions have been adequately addressed and answered.
- Performs detailed review of monthly financial statements for all international subsidiaries.
- Ensures that subsidiaries financial statements are U.S. GAAP compliant and are completed timely and that all operating results for each subsidiary are clearly understood and accurate.
- Responsible for understanding all local GAAP to U.S. GAAP differences for international subsidiaries and ensuring that all adjusting entries are recorded properly for U.S. GAAP financial statements submitted to the corporate office.
- Supports the implementation of new or changing U.S. GAAP rules at the international subsidiaries. Trains finance personnel at international subsidiaries on new or changing U.S. GAAP rules.
- Provides input to the drafting and release of global accounting policies and procedures. Responsible for ensuring implementation and adherence of new and updated policies and standards at the international subsidiaries.
- Supports the International Controller in ensuring that all external financial audits and statutory reports are completed timely and accurately for all international subsidiaries. Also compiles items and information from international subsidiaries that are requested from external auditors during annual audits and quarterly reviews
- Responds to inquiries and requests from international subsidiaries and provides guidance as necessary on the appropriate accounting treatment for unusual or semi-complex transactions. Prepares or assists with the preparation of accounting position papers as required per the Company's policy for such activities at international subsidiaries.
- Responsible for the intercompany invoicing process which includes reviewing all intercompany charges submitted to ensure that they are properly approved and that they adhere to company policy.
- Review material contracts which originate at international subsidiary offices, including all intercompany contracts and forwards to leader for final approval.
- Supports all acquisition and divesture activities at the Company’s international subsidiaries and determines the U.S. GAAP accounting treatment and prepares related documentation and disclosures.
- Supports treasury with hedging activities at international subsidiaries and related analyses. Assists treasury with efforts to minimize non-operating foreign currency impacts on the Company’s consolidated financial statements.
What You’ll Bring To The Role
What You’ll Bring to the Role
- 7+ years accounting, 3 years of which has been in a similar multi-national international role for a publicly traded company in an in-house or public accounting environment.
- 2+ years of intercompany foreign currency accounting and translation of consolidated financial statements.
- In-depth knowledge of U.S. GAAP. Ability to direct international entities to achieve GAAP compliance.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and efficiently on complex technical matters, in written, verbal and presentation media.
- Ability to independently research accounting standards and summarize applicable recommendations in whitepapers
- Passion and enjoyment for your work
$100000 – $110000 / year plus 15% profit-sharing contribution to your retirement account. Salary is determined by multiple factors including but not limited to relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and alignment with market data
- Medical insurance, 80-95% company-paid premium
- Dental and vision insurance
- 401K match
- Annual cash incentive rewards
- Tuition reimbursement
- Short-day Fridays
- Paid holidays, including winter shut down
At WD-40 Company we believe that purpose-driven, passionate people guided by our values create amazing outcomes. Our “why” is refreshingly simple - we exist to create positive lasting memories in everything we do. We solve problems. We make things work smoothly. We create opportunities. How we achieve our “why” is by cultivating a tribal culture through learning, teaching and living our values. Since 1953, our formulation remains a secret. It is no secret that our passion for our people, culture, and brands is what distinguishes us. WD-40 Company has best-in-class products and we seek best-in-class talent.
Why You Should Apply
- If you believe in our “why” this is the place for you
- Over 93% employee engagement as of February 2018 global employee survey
- Publicly traded company headquartered in San Diego, California since 1953
- Voted Most Democratic Workplace and certified WorldBlu Freedom Centered Workplace
- Learning based culture that supports the growth and development of our team members
Do You Align With Our Values?
Please, only consider employment with WD-40 Company if you feel as strongly about our values as we do: We live, breathe, and play by our values every day.
- We value doing the right thing.
- We value creating positive lasting memories in all our relationships.
- We value making it better than it is today.
- We value succeeding as a Tribe while excelling as individuals.
- We value owning it and passionately acting on it.
- We value sustaining the WD-40 Company economy.
Thank you for considering WD-40 Company in your career search!
At WD-40 Company we foster a culture of inclusion where all individuals are recognized, valued, respected, and experience a sense of belonging. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to individual characteristics that make us unique such as our backgrounds, experiences, qualities, talents, traits, beliefs, and preferences.