Process Manufacturing Engineer
- Category: Quality
- Country: United Kingdom
- Location: Netherlands Remote
At WD-40 Company we believe that purpose-driven, passionate people guided by our values create amazing outcomes. Our “why” is refreshingly simple - we exist to create positive lasting memories in everything we do. We solve problems. We make things work smoothly. We create opportunities. How we achieve our “why” is by cultivating a tribal culture through learning, teaching and living our values.
Since 1953, our formulation remains a secret. It is no secret that our passion for our people, culture, and brands is what distinguishes us. WD-40 Company has best-in-class products and we seek best-in-class talent.
At WD-40 Company we foster a culture of inclusion where all individuals are recognized, valued, respected, and experience a sense of belonging. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to individual characteristics that make us unique such as our backgrounds, experiences, qualities, talents, traits, beliefs, and preferences.
Snapshot of What We’re Looking For
Are you an experienced Process Manufacturing Engineer from an FMCG background with high volume production in a mid-level technical manufacturing environment? We are seeking a Process Manufacturing Engineer to act as a steward for one of the world’s most identifiable brands.
As the Process Manufacturing Engineer, you would be responsible for the effective and efficient production of products on all lines producing for WD-40 Company in EIMEA by managing third-party manufacturers and vendors. This includes oversight and problem solving related to packager performance and production line efficiency as well as product specifications and design for manufacturing.
The Manufacturing Engineer has significant impact on the long-term interests of the company through the application of engineering methods towards the mitigation of Cost of Goods in EIMEA and other regions as well as establishing manufacturing process and equipment to add value and support WDFC objectives.
If you have experience in production support and/or process definition and development, design, scale-up, improvement and validation; then come and join our Quality EIMEA department to help drive WD-40 Company to a great future!
What You’ll Be Doing
Commercial Business Advocate
- Ensures effective and efficient execution of manufacturing for WD-40. Although primarily focused on EIMEA, participates in global activities and provides guidance and support to all trading blocs as it relates to manufacturing’s impact on the commercial business.
- Contributes to technical and commercial agreements and contracts in collaboration with Procurement to ensure inclusion of responsibilities and process relating to WD-40 owned assets and continuous improvement requirements.
Steward of machinery and equipment capital assets for EIMEA
- Identifies and manages the lifecycle of all assets performing regular monitoring and audits within the determined timeframe. Tracks and communicates the status of each capital asset including invoice status and commission dates.
- Ensures that processes for repair and maintenance of WD-40 owned assets is followed and provides tracking and trending information on the performance, efficiency and cost for these as required. Is responsible for ensuring, monitoring and reporting on performance of WD-40 owned assets and their ability to meet the expected performance levels upon installation.
Management of change
- Works collaboratively as part of project team to provide expertise, recommendations and risk assessment for new and existing product designs, manufacturing equipment and processes.
- Collaborates with Product Commercialisation, Quality and R&D departments during the design and development process to provide expert guidance
- Participates and leads in the execution of validation processes and trial production runs for new products, tooling, manufacturing equipment, manufacturing sites and changes as defined in the MOC process to ensure product integrity, design expectations and project deliverables are met.
Manufacturing continuous improvement
- Works cross functionally both internally and with external partners to develop innovative processes for new products and improve the manufacturing processes of existing products by applying engineering principles, Lean six sigma methodology and tools, standards and procedures.
- Collaborates with Quality and R&D to define product testing specifications.
- Recommends modifications to machinery and tooling to drive process improvements, and cost reduction initiatives with multi-functional teams.
- Quantifies and reports on the value and cost analysis of proposed continuous improvement initiatives and demonstrates realization of these upon completed implementation.
- Leads in the troubleshooting of production and quality issues within the manufacturing process in partnership with external and internal suppliers, consultants and other functional teams.
- Ensures that performance metrics for the manufacture of WD-40 products are in place, practical, accurate and aligned with global expectations. Uses the information gathered from these metrics with their expertise to identify and lead continuous improvement initiatives in collaboration with internal stakeholders that demonstrates value to the business and enables innovation.
- Manages the production performance of tier one filling partners ensuring adherence to product specifications and optimizing line efficiency.
What You’ll Bring To The Role
- Relevant technical based degree such as Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent technical experience required
- Mechanical or Industrial engineer who has direct experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Lean Six Sigma qualifications, preferred.
- Experience in working in organizations with an outsourced business model is desired
- 7+ years of relevant experience in production support and/or process definition and development, design, scale-up, improvement and validation.
- Experience with high volume production in a mid-level technical manufacturing environment.
- Experience with product development processes and project management.
Our competitive and comprehensive benefits package provides you protection, security, and peace of mind. We offer life-enhancing health, wellness, and financial programs, including profit sharing, annual cash incentive rewards, tuition reimbursement, and a strong pension plan. In addition, we want you to recharge and take time off, so enjoy short-day Fridays, holidays, and an additional paid week off between Christmas and the new year to spend with family and friends!
Do You Align With Our Values?
Please, only consider employment with WD-40 Company if you feel as strongly about our values as we do: We live, breathe, and play by our values every day.
- We value doing the right thing.
- We value creating positive lasting memories in all our relationships.
- We value making it better than it is today.
- We value succeeding as a Tribe while excelling as individuals.
- We value owning it and passionately acting on it.
- We value sustaining the WD-40 Company economy.