Quality Assurance Engineer
- Category: Quality
- Country: United Kingdom
- Location: UK - Remote
At WD-40 Company we believe that purpose-driven, passionate people guided by our values create amazing outcomes. Our “why” is refreshingly simple - we exist to create positive lasting memories in everything we do. We solve problems. We make things work smoothly. We create opportunities. How we achieve our “why” is by cultivating a tribal culture through learning, teaching and living our values.
Since 1953, our formulation remains a secret. It is no secret that our passion for our people, culture, and brands is what distinguishes us. WD-40 Company has best-in-class products and we seek best-in-class talent.
At WD-40 Company we foster a culture of inclusion where all individuals are recognized, valued, respected, and experience a sense of belonging. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to individual characteristics that make us unique such as our backgrounds, experiences, qualities, talents, traits, beliefs, and preferences.
Do you have an eye for detail and veracity for brand protection? We are seeking a highly organized and motivated Quality Assurance Engineer who will champion and influence high standards across WD-40® Company EIMEA and our partners.
Reporting to the Head of Quality and working closely with the Quality Engineer for EIMEA,
This integral role is responsible for auditing and monitoring supplier quality performance, contributes recommendations for improvements in processes, methods, tools, and resourcing to sustain high-quality outcomes, reduce costs, and increase efficiencies and accuracy.
The Quality Engineer role also provides technical expertise to wider projects, collaborating with Supply Chain, Sales & Marketing, Compliance and supporting new product development.
A perfect opportunity for a self-driven, passionate Quality Assurance professional with an affinity for fostering long lasting relationships.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Filler & Supplier Management - Audits and monitors supplier quality performance through compliance to specifications, waivers, and consistency based on existing or newly developed scorecards. Ensures that plant testing standards, procedures and equipment provide reliable results and consistent practices. Provides support in the delivery of best practices to manufacturing. Coordinates product test runs and supplier evaluations. Documents supplier/filler approval.
- Accountable for execution, priority setting, communication and oversight of technical projects including (a) validations, (b) product test runs and (c) supplier evaluation with support from R&D, Supply Chain and Innovation.
- Provides recommendations for improvements in processes, tools, and resourcing to sustain high-quality outcomes, increase efficiencies and accuracy, and reduce costs.
- Assures alternate raw material suppliers meet minimum requirements and/or bring additional benefits to minimize risk and exposure to the WD-40 Company.
- Maintains strong working relationships with all parties involved in carrying out the assigned responsibilities. Develops the key contacts and interface needed to assure buy-in of quality programs, adoption of best practices. Provides influence to the organization’s ability to learn, understand and apply the quality systems methodologies and principles.
- Responsible for routine and non-routine technical support, problem solving and task completion across any quality essential functions
- Responsible for the identification and escalation of discrepancies.
- Responsible for the understanding of how the applicable regulatory frameworks translate into QA systems, methods, and mandatories to comply with regulatory guidelines, company policy and sound manufacturing methods.
What You’ll Bring To The Role
What You’ll Bring to the Role
- Certified Quality Auditor (CQA), certified quality engineer (SQE), certified manager of quality/organizational excellence (CMQ/OE), certified quality technician (CQT)
- Audit experience required.
- Prefer prior aerosol experience, manufacturing, consumer packaged goods. Chemistry, highly desirable
If you have 2-4+ years’ experience in a similar role and are passionate for creating last memories, head over to WD40company.com/careers to learn more about our Tribe and this amazing career opportunity.
Why You Should Apply
Our competitive and comprehensive benefits package provides you protection, security, and peace of mind. We offer life-enhancing health, wellness, and financial programs, including profit sharing, annual cash incentive rewards, tuition reimbursement, and a strong pension plan. In addition, we want you to recharge and take time off, so enjoy short-day Fridays, holidays, and an additional paid week off between Christmas and the new year to spend with family and friends!
Do You Align With Our Values?
Please, only consider employment with WD-40 Company if you feel as strongly about our values as we do: We live, breathe, and play by our values every day.
- We value doing the right thing.
- We value creating positive lasting memories in all our relationships.
- We value making it better than it is today.
- We value succeeding as a Tribe while excelling as individuals.
- We value owning it and passionately acting on it.
- We value sustaining the WD-40 Company economy.