Business Development Executive - Vietnam
- Category: Sales
- Country: Vietnam
- Location: Ho Chi Minh - remote
If you are a driven sales champion with the desire to help others solve problems, are passionate about expanding distribution through well-planned and executed marketing and sales strategies and enjoy spending time with professional automotive, fabrication, and industrial trades professionals ... please consider joining our tribe in this newly created position! In this role you will be partnering with our Vietnam distributor to help solve technical problems of trades and repair professionals with WD-40® Multi-Use Product and our other best-in-class products to ensure they can save time and money and get the job done right.
What You’ll Be Doing
This home-based position, located in HCM City, is responsible for providing direction and coaching to the marketing distributor (MD) to support the growth of new business development, new product introduction, development of Channel expansion Plans, key account management, business review, training of MD sales teams, and development of the MD’s 12-month sales and marketing strategies/plans to achieve assigned goals in the Indonesia industrial, automotive and hardware channels.
- Business Development
- Responsible for the development of specific channel and customer opportunities, through collaboration with Regional Director/Regional Manager and MD’s marketing and sales teams, to synthesize inputs, that translate into the activation and execution of customer centric related sales strategy.
- Coaching and training of MD’s marketing, sales, and support staff to enhance the productivity and skills of the MD team. Frequent travel to new provinces to proactively expand WD-40 Company’s geographical reach and physical distribution, and thereafter, provide periodic feedback and valid recommendations for changes in the market improvement plans to achieve country’s future sales objectives & EBITDA goals. Apply a broad base of product knowledge (features and benefits) to create and deliver solution driven values selling presentations, and propositions in collaboration to and with the MD. Effectively present product knowledge, programs, promotions, sales literature, technical information, company values etc. in a concise, coherent, consultative and convincing manner.
- Creates and provides input to the channel and account specific go-to-market marketing execution plans and tactics within defined national brand campaigns/programs, innovation launches, and other product initiatives in alignment with the MD marketing plan and WD-40 Company’s Region/Country’s Long-Term Strategic Plan.
- Collaborates with marketing distributor in the development of annual Marketing Plans and ensuring the plan is relevant to the market’s stage of development and within corporate policy and brand guidelines.
- Accountable for the analysis and reporting of in-market activation analytics including ROI and post-promo analysis and corrective action recommendations in collaboration with MD’s brand teams.
- In cooperation with Marketing Distributors and internal marketing team, increase end-user brand awareness through specific awareness programs both online and offline (POP, POS, collateral, digital, etc.) and expand distribution.
- Oversee the implementation of agreed country-specific marketing plans by conducting regular market surveys/visits in partnership with the MD team to ensure execution of plan is carry out on time and in full (OTIF).
- Works closely with designated MD to work out strategy plans on digital marketing and e-commerce and thereafter, execute agreed strategy to facilitate growth of e-commerce business.
3. Planning & Reporting
- Closely manage MD sales forecast, taking into consideration inventory and supply chain architecture and country’s budget with Regional Director/Regional Manager.
- Monitor local sales and stock holding trends using Marketing Distributors Monthly Reports and WD-40 Company’s internal data. Subsequently review, amend and maintain Monthly Order Forecasts, ensuring that forecasts optimize resource allocation, EBITDA and revenue attainment.
- Provide on-time and complete monthly and quarterly reporting.
- Works closely with Regional Director/Regional Manager and/or Brand/IP enforcement partners in data gathering to support resolution of legal and intellectual property (IPR) matters.
What You’ll Bring To The Role
What You’ll Bring to the Role
- 5+ years of relevant technical consumer packaged goods sales experience, ideally with chemicals across a broad array of channels to include: automotive, industrial, hardware, farming, etc.
- 2 or more years’ experience managing international customers with MNC and/or Marketing Distributors.
- Experience market mapping, identifying and opening new accounts
- Successfully executed account management, business development, and sales within a wholesale automotive, hardware, industrial, and/or miscellaneous channels to achieve desired metrics, highly desirable.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and negotiating skills in a direct or indirect sales capacity.
- Ability to travel domestically across South Vietnam up to 40% to 60% and to our Malaysia office once a month
- Current and valid driver’s license is required. Vehicle allowance provided.
- Fluency in English and Vietnamese
Do You Align With Our Values?
Please, only consider employment with WD-40 Company if you feel as strongly about our values as we do: We live, breathe, and play by our values every day.
- We value doing the right thing.
- We value creating positive lasting memories in all our relationships.
- We value making it better than it is today.
- We value succeeding as a Tribe while excelling as individuals.
- We value owning it and passionately acting on it.
- We value sustaining the WD-40 Company economy.
Generous salary that is determined by multiple factors including but not limited to relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and alignment with market data.
- Annual cash incentive rewards
- Short-day Fridays
- Paid holidays
- Vehicle allowance
At WD-40 Company we believe that purpose-driven, passionate people guided by our values create amazing outcomes. Our “why” is refreshingly simple - we exist to create positive lasting memories in everything we do. We solve problems. We make things work smoothly. We create opportunities. How we achieve our “why” is by cultivating a tribal culture through learning, teaching and living our values. Since 1953, our formulation remains a secret. It is no secret that our passion for our people, culture, and brands is what distinguishes us. WD-40 Company has best-in-class products and we seek best-in-class talent.
Why You Should Apply
- Learning-based culture that supports the growth and development of all tribe members
- Strong values aligned culture whose #1 strategic driver is to build a business for the future that we will be proud to hand down to the next generation
- Over 93.3% employee engagement as of January 2022 global employee survey
- A culture where 93% of the tribe report experience a sense of belonging
- Voted Most Democratic Workplace and certified WorldBlu Freedom Centered Workplace
Please visit us online to begin your application process. The application will ask several open-ended and knowledge questions related to the role. Thank you in advance for your time to provide thoughtful responses. All applications and responses will be thoroughly reviewed and considered.
At WD-40 Company we foster a culture of inclusion where all individuals are recognized, valued, respected, and experience a sense of belonging. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to individual characteristics that make us unique such as our backgrounds, experiences, qualities, talents, traits, beliefs, and preferences.