Sales Manager - Retail (Madrid/Barcelona)
- Category: Sales
- Country: Spain
- Location: Madrid or Barcelona - Remote
At WD-40 Company we believe that purpose-driven, passionate people guided by our values create amazing outcomes. Our “why” is refreshingly simple - we exist to create positive lasting memories in everything we do. We solve problems. We make things work smoothly. We create opportunities. How we achieve our “why” is by cultivating a tribal culture through learning, teaching and living our values.
Since 1953, our formulation remains a secret. It is no secret that our passion for our people, culture, and brands is what distinguishes us. WD-40 Company has best-in-class products and we seek best-in-class talent.
At WD-40 Company we foster a culture of inclusion where all individuals are recognized, valued, respected, and experience a sense of belonging. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to individual characteristics that make us unique such as our backgrounds, experiences, qualities, talents, traits, beliefs, and preferences.
Snapshot of What We’re Looking For
Do you have what it takes to become a big cog in our WD-40 wheel?
We are seeking an strategic and proactive Sales Manager Retail to be directly responsible for key account management and/or leadership of Key Account Managers (KAMs). Also responsible for countrywide leadership of all assigned channel external merchandisers, to development and implementation of 12 to 18-month rolling sales plans across to achieve/exceed revenue and EBITDA goals.
Reporting directly to the Sales Director Iberia, he/she will campion the partnership with marketing in the development and execution of programmes in support of the 5-year strategic plans. Apply market, customer and end-user insights in the preparation, review and delivery of compelling technical, solution-based and category focused sales presentations.
He/she will also lead and develop competitive and new customer research to identify, prioritize, approve and open new customer accounts to achieve strategic plans. Lead the development and execution of category management/leadership programmes with customers online and instore.
The role could be located either in Madrid or in Barcelona with 60% of travel and requires both Spanish and English language skills.
What You’ll Be Doing
What You’ll Be Doing
- Lead countrywide sales efforts of all brands across diverse channels to achieve defined sales and EBITDA goals. Collaborate with Strategic Account Managers in development and timing of account plans to ensure marketplace harmonization and optimization.
- Plays an active leadership role in the development, guidance, and outcome of business planning.
- Grow and service existing customers/distributors/resellers sales.
- Leads the new account strategy and execution.
- Create end-user product demand through collaborative development and implementation of customer specific strategic in-store and on-line marketing plans. Analyses customer specific sales, POS, digital insights, marketplace dynamics, research, etc. in the development of actionable insights.
- Support and direct below the line marketing activities such as; marketing campaigns, trade shows, sampling programs, training, display programs, road shows, key activities, etc. Collaborate with marketing team to adapt and create national marketing programs/strategies for account specific needs.
- Responsible for leading, consolidating and developing accurate and timely account plans, P&L’s, sales forecasts, and reports.
- Accountable for effective cost/margin management and maintenance of budgets.
- Accountable for semi-complex contract negotiation, development, internal collaboration, request for approval and timely collection to include: rebates, logistics/distribution, promotions, digital optimization, tariffs, non-routine sales terms and price. Monitor the application and compliance of agreed terms to include digital terms.
- Champion complex sales related operational requirements and customer specific activation (internally and externally) to include: logistics, distribution, shelf resets, marketing execution, e-commerce, etc. Actively manage stock sell in and sell out with customer and internal partners.
- Coordinates applicable sell in and pull through sales with European Account Manager. Communicates and coordinates agreed push through and sell through activities (marketing/merchandising) with RAMs, R-KAMs, Sales Managers.
- Monitor and actively drive customer e-commerce e-commerce/websites in harmony with marketplace strategy. In-depth evaluation of customer digital content, guide product page setup, provide content, monitor, report and provide recommendations for optimization.
- Review customer results through the analysis of various data and business intelligence in order to define adequate actions in relation with the customer and company’s strategy.
- Compliance with all regulatory requirements (e.g.: GDPR, hazardous goods guidelines).
- Provide ongoing and timely training, coaching, constructive feedback, experiential development opportunities and direction. Partner with second coach and HR (as needed) in the development and delivery of individual and team development plans to optimize learning and performance outcomes.
- Responsible for hiring people who meet all defined fit criteria with second coach approval.
- Communicate the company’s compensation philosophy, practices and employee’s level of competency and equivalent salary percentage-to-midpoint (“compa-ratio”).
- Perform other related activities as needed to support corporate objectives. Act in the best interest of the company by applying stated company values/code of conduct and acting in congruence to company strategies and priorities.
What You’ll Bring To The Role
What You’ll Bring to the Role
- 8-10 + years of relevant consumer packaged goods business development experience in relevant trade channel(s) to include identification and opening of new business and maintenance and growth of existing customers to achieve goals.
- Key Account management experience within the mass-market or DIY distribution will be highly valuable
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field, MBA or similar would be desirable.
- Proficiency in English is a must.
- Consolidated leadership skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and negotiating skills.
We’ve Got You Covered
Our competitive and comprehensive benefits package provides you and your family with extensive protection and security, along with quality, life-enhancing programs to include; annual profit related bonus scheme, private health & dental schemes, non-contributory pension & much more.
Do You Align With Our Values?
Please, only consider employment with WD-40 Company if you feel as strongly about our values as we do: We live, breathe, and play by our values every day.
- We value doing the right thing.
- We value creating positive lasting memories in all our relationships.
- We value making it better than it is today.
- We value succeeding as a Tribe while excelling as individuals.
- We value owning it and passionately acting on it.
- We value sustaining the WD-40 Company economy.